Trade Show Banners NYC
There's a lot of reasons why you might need to do business with a specialty sign company. For example, creating trade show banners NYC for your business. Maybe you're helping your kids build a lemonade stand, or you have a yard sale coming up you want signage for. There could be a birthday or welcome-home party coming up for a service member returning from deployment that you want a banner for. In some rural residences, a corner sign is needed to direct people to your home.
More than likely, you're looking for a specialty sign for business uses. It could be anything from marking a specific parking space to posting a time limit at particular public workstations. Whatever your case is, there are 7 things you should know before consulting specialty sign companies for your order. Keep reading to learn what they are.
1) How many colors do you need? In many sign-making cases, the charge is per color, so black and white is not necessarily any cheaper than black and red or yellow and blue. The sign material color might already be set, but how many colors you choose can impact the price. Having said that, some signs are printed using a full-color process where you can use as many as you want.
2) How big do you want it? Signs are not like paper documents or poster sizes where you have standard sizes to choose from. Most specialty sign companies make their signs to custom dimensions every time, so they will need you to tell them how large or small that is going to be. Know your width, height, or length in advance, and they can tell you what your material and sign options are going to be.
3) Will it be outdoors or out? Any sign or banner that is going to be left under the sun and elements has to be created in ways that help it withstand what beating nature will put on it after you hang or mount it.
4) How long should it last? If you just need something for a one day, this might not matter much. It might not seem like it would matter either if you're advertising a month-long sale, but it could, as a banner you need to last under the sun and weather for a few weeks obviously can't be paper without lamination or other protection. Your sign maker needs to know if durable materials need to be used.
5) How soon do you need it? If you need something overnight, your options might be pretty limited. If you are looking a month or more ahead of time, you'll have far more choices open to you, many of them likely cheaper.
6) How many of them do you need? Some specialty sign providers can come up with individual signs for you. Other places might have to run a minimum batch for their business to be worth it, based on the printing and manufacturing processes they use.
7) Who is designing the sign? Some simple signs are ones where the company will just do the design work for free. They might also have templates you can pick from. Otherwise, you might need to do the design work yourself or pay the company or a third-party to do it for you.
Specialty sign printing is a complex and vast world of possibilities. Use these 7 factors to know in advance so you can find the signs you need in your budget range and before you need them.